Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Featured Shop - Amanda May

I am really happy to show off fellow MIVEST member Amanda May of Burlington. I first met Amanda two years ago at Studio STK--and was amazed at how many little pots she had her fingers in! Here's a quick bio--in her own words: "A practicing artist all my life, I enjoy working with fiber, with many varieties of paint, with soft and hard sculpture, and in graphics - from papermaking and pen and ink to web site design and digital editing." Yikes! I'm amazed she has time to go grocery shopping!

Not only will you find original paintings in Amanda's etsy shop, but also needle-felted dolls (with handmade clothes!) and prints of her sweet illustrations. A few of my favorites are below:

This painting--Pearls Abstraction--might be a bit out of my price range for holiday gift-giving, but is absolutely something that could hand with ease in my super-casual thrift store chic living room, or my grandfather's serious art-collector den. Ahh, someday...

This little one just jumped right out at me...or maybe won her way into my thoughts with those big blue eyes. Little Country Girl has a bit of soul, I think.


Alright, I admit it. I have a thing for paper. The only reason these cuties are not in my hands yet? No money in the paypal account. Amanda's Paper Doll Postcards are a great (and super-affordable!) way to bring original art into your home--or mail them to your friends!

But seriously, if you haven't seen Amanda's shop yet, go now! It's truly inspiring that one person can make so much--and in so many mediums--with only two hands. Amanda says that she updates her shop regularly, so don't forget to check back. And in the meantime, read her blog to find out more about her process!

No comments: