Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Looks Like the Sun Shines Over Mount Philo, After All











Ok, it is a trade off - a day of brilliant sunshine in exchange for arctic breezes! We are due for warm and drippy in a few days...ah, Vermont!




In between intermittent internet access today, I've been looking for fabric for my spring line...I don't know if yellow is "the it color" this spring or if I am just looking for that bright sunshine, but I'm choosing lots of yellows, as well as greens.




The essence of my business is that I love fabric...seeking it out, prepping it, cutting it, sewing, ironing...all parts of the process. Almost all of my fabrics are 100% cotton, quilt shop or home decor quality, and this year I'll be adding more organics, bamboo, linen, and silks. I adore the designs of Amy Butler, Michael Miller and Denyse Schmidt, to name a few, as well as Vermont designers April Cornell and Susan Sargent. I also have a treasure box of sweet little pieces...vintage napkins and hankerchiefs, bits of silk brought from Thailand and India, darling pieces of French textiles, and they come out and get fashioned into some trim here, a pocket there.




I cannot stand to throw away even small pieces of lovely fabrics, so I utilize small scraps for note cards, ponytail holders, fabric pins, yo-yo's, scrap quilts...these are my "too pretty to waste" items.




Susan Mack, After All Designs

2 comments:

Linda said...

can't wait to see your spring line!

Doreen Frost said...

Love these!!! Great stuff

:)Doreen