Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Magazines Galore

So I posted a sign in my appartment complex asking for people old magazines for a craft project I wanted to do. So one day I opened my door and was flooded with them!!! WOW i was shocked. I have now convinced myself that I am going to find a use for as many pages as I possibly can. Ive made cards tags and more and my new creation rocks! I just love it.
Its a bowl made entirely from magazine pages and hot glue, very cool! Its not waterproof but it can be used for many thing from pocket change to jewelry. I have made 6 today in all different sizes and even shapes! I'm addicted. I am planning on making a set of 3 that fit together soon.
After the bowl craze Ill have to find another thing to make with all the magazines but for now i think Ill be making tons of bowls! Check them out at my site www.greenmama.etsy.com to get a better look!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a clever and creative use for old magazines! We used to make doorstops out of old catalogs...and I can remember my kids making Christmas Trees out of old magazines and catalogs when they were in grade school...just by folding pages down, little spray paint & some glitter.

p said...

it is beyond clever, it is very innovative. have you tried freecycle.org too? all the free stuff you could possibly need.
(ps i'm a vermonter too, great to find your site)

SylvieL said...

Lovely! Congratulations on your new addiction :)

Sylvie

Anonymous said...

Great way to recycle old magazines! I have a box full of Birds and Blooms magazines you could have. Pick up would be in South Burlington, near McDonalds on the Shelburne Road.

MyFairLadyVT4 said...

Wow, that's really cool!